Saturday, April 09, 2005

Qs

[Qs]

..when homework n assignments are driving us crazee.. n this hectic life seems crowded with unwanted stuff and unwelcomed hurdles, we tend to seek solace in everyway we know..and sometimes we tend to doubt our own ability..

the "why's" and "if's" linger in the head, thinking all the possibilities that might occur if we turned right instead of left..wat happen if we decided on B instead of A..wat could happen if i didnt say that to him/her..perhaps these Qs will drive us crazier than b4..perhaps we are already tired of the "why's", "if's" and "maybe's"..

as normal human being, we always hav Qs in our mind..and seeing others doing some new things may bring curiousities..for me, dats how we learn about life as we dont hav all the time we want to experience every single thing..

being in this foreign land for about 2 yrs now, i've came across weird stuffn Qs dat i never imagined, especially regarding my hijab..

when all the ppl in this world are talking about september eleven and 'islamic terrorists', it is a wonder for me why some ppl asked me why i am wearing hijab..they thought it is bcoz of my culture, not my religion..some ppl thought i am an arab gal just bcoz i'm wearing hijab..and a gal asked me once, why i'm wearing blue hijab yesterday and grey today..

i never thought such Qs in my life..even my preparatory program did not prepare me for that..when they were told dat as a muslim we need to cover parts of our body, i hav such a hard time to explain the aurat..mainy bcoz, i was wearing my fav 3-quater shirt..

looking and reflecting back,

i am thankful to hav such experiences.. it makes me think and double check myself..why i do dat n and why i dont??why i can narrate all the theory but failed miserably in practicallity??why i can score A1 in my SPM for agama subject but a sound pass now??why i can recite Al-Quran everyday when i was in my boarding skol, but once-a-while when i was here??how come i can wear decent clothes throughout my skol years but not now??

if i do all that now, will it me a changed person when all my x-skolmates know dat we've done dat together in high skol??

looking and reflecting back,
is it the non-Muslim's fault dat they are sooo confused about us??

looking and reflecting back,
hav i changed just becoz i said the truth??

looking and reflecting back,
is it wrong to do wat's right??

looking and reflecting back,
where are we standing now??

looking and planning for future,
where are we heading next??


Me??
when the history haunts my living
or when the challenge is at its hardest hit,
they make a reason for a pain,
and if i falter
and if i stumble
let me fall..
becoz surely i shall arise
becoz by then,
i know wats i'm facing against



[good gal dont cry..much]

No comments: