Sunday, February 15, 2009

As I walk down this road
Its long and winding path is taking its toll on me
Tired and almost beaten, the easy way out is echoing my name
My knees hurt
The long days of standing still and catching up with the fast lane are to blame
My head pounds
These calculations of life combined with its so many variables are yet to equate
My eyelids close
The troubles playing right in front are not pretty scenes to take
My ears sting
These stories they tell sound just like terrible songs on a broken record they forever play
And my heart, it was broken
But I have cemented it well to heal
Thus it hardens to ensure I am still here
Walking down this road
As if nothing has happened
I am not playing superhuman
The world still rotates and spins on its axis even if I am nowhere on the streets
But having this stubborn streak in me is sometimes is a good thing
It keeps me going

3 comments:

*sinazradiah* said...

hi rifhan... kalo rajin visit my blog k.. www.zanisstory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

just keep on going, no matter how hard it is to move...

firstmartyr said...

smg allah terus beri kekuatan buat akak dan saya juga..be strong sis!